Download our Hong Kong Auction Week Courses 2022 Brochure.
Where can art defining the 21st century be sought? How will today’s digital experience and the explosion of NFTs change art creation? With a focus on collecting, this auction week course helps art lovers and emerging collectors engage with the art of our time.
Our art historian guest speaker will take us to look at important art movements from postwar to today, tracing art historical influences and cultural interlinks. Following the lectures, Christie’s specialists will take you on a guided tour of Christie’s Hong Kong’s contemporary art auction preview, featuring some of the most sought-after contemporary artists, from blue chip masters to next generation talents.
• Take a close and guided look at a wide range of artworks on show during Christie’s Hong Kong auctions
• Gain an art historical overview of key art movements and artists from the postwar to contemporary period, covering painting, sculpture & installation, performance art, photography, video art and digital art
• Get to know how younger generation artists are making art that reflects today’s cultural and social context and the world’s unprecedented digital transformation
• Stay current with the global art market and collecting trends, such as street art & NFTs, the fast-rising careers for young artists, and Asia’s increasing market impact
Click here to send us an email if you have a question regarding the course
Eddie Martinez, They Build You Up to Knock You Down, 2009. © Eddie Martinez
Tuesday | 29 November 2022
- 15:30 – 15:40 (GMT+8)
Welcome and Introduction
Sara Mao | Director, Christie’s Education Asia Pacific
- 15:40 – 16:55 (GMT+8)
Lecture | From Postwar to (Post) Contemporary Art
Dr. Zoran Poposki | Assistant Professor, Department of Cultural and Creative Arts, The Education University of Hong Kong
- 17:00 – 17:45 (GMT+8)
Lecture | The Development of Digital Art
Dr. Zoran Poposki
- 18:45 – 18:30 (GMT+8)
- Guided Tour * | Highlights from Christie’s Hong Kong Spring Auctions Previews
* 20th and 21st Century Art Exhibition Area, Hall 3D, HKCEC
*Schedule and topics are subject to change.
Dr. Zoran Poposki
Assistant Professor, Department of Cultural and Creative Arts, The Education University of Hong Kong
Dr Zoran Poposki is an award-winning artist, curator and academic working in the fields of practice-based research, visual semiotics, social practice, digital visual culture, and arts leadership. His work has been shown in more than 70 gallery and museum exhibitions, biennials, and festivals worldwide. Dr Poposki teaches at The Education University of Hong Kong.
He holds an MFA in New Media Art (TI/DUK), PhD in Cultural Studies (EUBA), and International Leadership in Visual Arts Management (New York University, University of Deusto, Guggenheim Museum Bilbao). Dr Poposki is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (London).